Sunday, September 13, 2015

Yogi, Oscar and Giulia


I learned that it is already off-season, and I have the entire inn to myself!

I met the dogs Yogi and Oscar, both rescue dogs, and Giulia. Yogi is a young, hyper black-and-white shepherding type dog, who was rescued from Romania. Apparently he is startled by quick motions, especially hands, because, as Milena says "they have questionable practices in Romania". Oscar is a large old Golden, mostly deaf and blind, with lumpy growths poking through his fur and a distinctly unhealthy aroma. My sense is that Oscar is on his way out.

Giulia's inglese is excellent and we discussed learning languages. She also watches YouTube to improve pronunciation and word recognition. She has a GREAT job in the winter (when there are few guests at the B&B). She goes to Milan and works as a translator for  TV. They bring soap operas or TV movies from other European countries, with the scripts which they work to translate. Then, once they have the gist of the story, she writes a new script in Italian, taking care to match the lip movements of the speakers. How cool is that?! 

Giulia came out to say goodbye -- as she's headed out with a friend for a bicycling vacation in Austria.

I organized my backpack and headed out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment