Saturday, September 12, 2015

Finding a Spot to Park


Parking in Italian towns is at a premium. My research online spoke of municipal lots provided on the outskirts of town away from the real attractions, and my compatriots in the Italian class told stories of near tow experiences.

My first parking adventure was none of these things. I headed into what was very obviously a tourist town with no clue of where to find the mercato. I noted very large blue signs with "P" -- which even with my main-brain driving, switching gears, and keeping the Panda ON, I took to mean "Parking". They were all over the place, many having arrows to signal 'turn here for parking'.

I made a right off the main drag, made another right following the blue sign onto a totally stopped street, only to see that we were stopped at a parking lot to the right and the mercato to the left.

Serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment