Friday, September 18, 2015

Prepping for the Tour


So before the Vespa tour we got suited up.... got a helmet, got all buckled in... Then it was time for the driving test. I was the only 'single' and there was only one other Vietnamese lady driver... all the other drivers were men. Every driver besides myself had experience with cycles of some kind. Sadly, I didn't pass the driving test.

While these were 'single gear' scooters, I really had trouble controlling the gas... which you had to pull toward you... and then push away if you didn't need it.... I guess my thinking was that if I wasn't specifically pulling it, or if I put on the brake, the gas would back off by itself. No such luck.

So, I was given the option of driving a beautiful old Fiat car at the back of the line like the nun was doing (I'll get to that in a minute!) or riding in the front in the beautifully restored Rally Fiat with Francesco, the guide.

Hmmmm, do I want to drive a car inside the city, and try to keep up with a team of scooters..... or do I want to ride with the guide where I can get basically a private tour?

I chose riding with Francesco.

No comments:

Post a Comment