Thursday, September 10, 2015

Getting Wired


I stood in line at Vodaphone behind four teenage girls (high school, college??). While only one was getting a phone, the cute young guy was inquiring of another of the girls -- not sure if because she was cutest, or she spoke italiano best, or what the reason was. My minutes were ticking away as he was flirting and upselling -- one can tell these things in any language.

He got to me when I was 15 minutes from treno time. He was quick as possible, as my transaction was simple... I have a flip phone, I need a SIM and some minutes to do calls and texting for 2-ish weeks. Simple enough.... However, during our transaction he had to access not only my passport and my drivers license.... but had to use THREE different keyboards (I'm assuming connected to three different SYSTEMS!!!) to complete the transaction. (Hmmmm, sounds like some money to be made integrating these systems at Vodaphone.)

30 Euro and I was ready to go... However, I cannot activate / turn on the phone for two hours... I'm already very late, I need to send a note or text to Riccardo.... but OK, whatever.

I rush back upstairs, find my platform, board my train and we're off.

No comments:

Post a Comment