Saturday, September 12, 2015

After the Shopping


After I'd done my damage in the shops, I stored my tiny bag of purchases in the Panda and walked off down the street for a sit down meal. I found a little shop where I had a plate of bolognese and a giant bottle of water. I sat and enjoyed the mid-70s temps with low humidity and watched the world go by.

At one point a 1976 Corvette drove by. Another time a WWII US Army Jeep (still green with white star) puttered by. And watching the people -- who knew! -- I learned that by-the-way white Adidas tennis shoes and white Chuck Taylor high tops are all the rage.

Able to fight off the urge for Gelato, I headed back to my car.

I found other shoppers who explained how to pay for my parking at the automatic kiosk, which took coins, bills and plastic.

In heading out I knew that from Ventimiglia with the Med at my back, France was to the left and my B&B was to the right. My plan of action was to take the path of least resistance and keep the sea on my right hand. I memorized the names of a few villages around my locale with the idea that I was so close to my final destination certo a sign would point to one of these villages.

And I was off.

No comments:

Post a Comment