Monday, September 14, 2015

I Laugh in the Face of Danger


The spread was almost the same as yesterday, but the homemade pastry was a fabulous cherry tart. Milena told me that the old dog, Oscar, is so afraid of the lightening that he has been hiding under the bed half the night. Poor 90lb baby.

She said the wifi was out because they've fried four modems in the past with storms, so they preemptively unplug now for the duration. She asked what was I planning for the day, and advised due to the forecast I should stay coastal and go west. Apparently weather in Italy travels west to east just as it does in the US!

In our chat I learned that Italian parents don't caution their children to never shower during thunder storms. Also, talking on the phone during a storm is allowed. (We didn't get in to running with sticks or making faces -- I can only assume they're liberal in the face of  these dangers as well.) So with no small trepidation I made my way back upstairs, and took a shower!

And lived to tell about it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment