Thursday, September 10, 2015

Winding Down


They showed me to my room, which is very large with a huge open window, and to the bagno where I was able to scrub the fur off my teeth. They took me for a quick look-see at the fabulous rooftop garden which ultimately has two seating areas, a dining table for 6, a lotus pool, a pond with goldfish, and a wonderful array of flowers and cacti. Too many to see at night.

We had a little small talk, scheduled breakfast for 9am, and I went to bed.

I didn't sleep for a long time. I was excited to finally be here, jacked up from the travel and from being lost and frustrated, and exhausted.

I started the process of charging all my electronics and logged into Riccardo's wifi, Jeesh, how amazing to be connected to the world again!

It was 65 degrees outside and the window was open wide. I love the fresh air coming in. There is a piazza close by where people were still in restaurants, but they were closing and the city was quiet by 1am.

The mattress is firm and the pillows are flat. I finally sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment