Thursday, September 10, 2015

At the Stazione


The Florence airport is very small. I would guess it is smaller than.... Islip or Myrtle Beach. There were two baggage carousels. No mall in sight -- not like Charlotte, Chicago or Florence. No wifi. (No wifi?! NO WIFI!)

I caught a special bus to the main Florence train station where I, as a software analyst, was unable to understand how to use the automatic ticket machine. I popped to a kiosk where very helpful inglese speaking agents got Gianni to walk me over and buy my tickets. He showed me how to stick the ticket into the green machine on the wall -- to activate it for being used today. He explained about changing trains in Pisa, and about having assigned seats. He was very helpful.

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." -- Blanche DuBois

I had 25 minutes until my train, so I ran downstairs to Vodaphone to get a SIM for my flipphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment