Saturday, September 12, 2015

Where the hell am I??


At any rate I am now moving, controlling heavy machinery, in a country where I don't speak the language or understand the signage. I was given instructions to get onto the Autostrade (toll road), something along the lines of go-straight-turn-right-go-up.

This doesn't seem to take me toward a toll road, so I make another right, go a few blocks, then make another right and go a few blocks ... I figure in making a square I can never get lost and perhaps I'll get lucky and happen upon the Hertz office... or better yet, the Autostrade

At each stop Panda turns off, and at every red light the Vespas scoot around the cars to be first at the light. (I have India flashbacks...)

I find myself in a retail area in a one-way street with right angle parking spots on the left. The good people of Genoa are walking along the sidewalks, going about their business, when I spot a slot with my name on it. I wheel in, turn off (for real, this time), and  cross the street in time to accost a couple of elderly gentlemen one of whom speaks passable English.

And he tells me go-straight-turn-right-go-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment