Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Room with a View


She was smiling as I drove up and parked. She held a key in her hand, and after introductions she led the way up the (black stone) steps and into the house. A generous entrance hall held a recycle station, a large coat rack, and a small sink with supplies for making coffee and tea.

Milena opened the door to my bedroom and I was amazed. It is bigger than my room at home and has french doors leading onto a small balcony with the Med laid out in the distance.

I looked down to a lovely terrace, where a dining table with umbrella was situated, and pots and pots of flowering plants were arranged.

She then showed me into the library, where a table and various chairs look through windows over the olive trees. She showed me the list of restaurant suggestions, the wifi password, asked what time I wanted breakfast, and was gone.

I headed for my private bathroom and a hot shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment