Friday, September 11, 2015

Breakfast...



We had agreed on 9am for my first breakfast with Riccardo and Pina. Someone goes out early to pick up the Foccacia Genovese, and I asked that they knock loudly on my door as they're leaving, in case I sleep right through the alarm I've set. It takes two salvos of sharp raps for me to answer "OK, Grazie".

I get up and drag around the room, still tired from the travel. I throw on some clothes and head to breakfast. To get to the terrace I go through the open living / dining / kitchen area, up two black stone steps into a stair/hallway combo. Take the left and go down three steps and you're at the door to the spacious, very clean and modern bagno. Take the right up the black stone steps and you go out onto the terrace.

It is a wonderful morning. My breakfast is waiting for me - Foccacia, jam, tea, juice.

Foccacia Genovese is thinner than the foccacia we're used to in the US -- also while the bottom is moist (with oil) the top has a crust. It is excellent.

(My links, specifically Google and Wikipedia, are in Italian and I seem unable to change to English -- here's hoping if you click the links you'll be able to read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment