Friday, September 11, 2015

Ablution Solution


The terrace truly is a work of art. So many beautiful flowering plants in pots all spaced tightly together.

I sit with my breakfast enjoying the flowers, and looking at the roofs of the buildings all around. Many have flowers and trees, but none as colorful as Pino's garden.

After breakfast it was time to take my first shower in Italy. This is always a challenge as in the past I've experienced enclosures that actually only enclose half of the tub, shower doors that won't close, showers that are too small to close the door behind me...

In this case I have a tub without enclosure and with handheld shower-thingy. And being ultra sensitive to not be viewed as a giant water-hog American capital pig, so I try to conserve water as best I can.

So I ended up with a morph between what my friend Tom calls a 'Navy shower' and the baths I had in India last year. Wet it all down.... scrub with the various noxious chemicals, rinse, repeat as necessary.

I carried my 10 lbs of toiletries back to my sweet room, reorganized my purse and back pack, grabbed the map Riccardo and I had marked with fun things to do -- including visiting Christopher Columbus and take a long boat tour (including an hour on a beach at an ancient convent) -- and headed out the door....

.... and down the six flights of black stone steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment