Sunday, September 13, 2015

Breakfast on the Mountain


My first night with Giulia and Milena saw me switching from city night-sounds to country night-sounds. There were lots of dogs barking throughout the hillsides, which led me to think to myself -- what's out there???

The bed was comfortable and the pillows flat and dense. It was a good night of sleep.

I got up with my alarm, stumbled onto my balcony and saw that breakfast was ready for me on the terrace.

It was a beautiful array -- there were artful touches like the teapot was sitting on a trivet made from a wood branch... it looked like a stump. And pats of butter were arrayed in a hand painted napkin holder. There was white and wheat toast, Nutella and jams, turnover pastries stuffed with apples and chocolate made by Milena, and yogurts.

I ate while looking out across the valley to Vallecrosia and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment