Sunday, September 13, 2015

Successful Travel Tips



This day my plan is to drive to three places - Seborga, Bussana Vecchia, and Triora of the witches.

An important rule of success for memorable travel is to not plan too much in to a single day. You're already overwhelmed by the 'different sameness' of the place, and communication difficulties may be sucking up more processing resources. There are elements of your trip you want to savor, experience, see and remember. Cramming too much in will only exhaust you, frustrate you and overload your memory cells, perhaps leading to a total system shutdown.

Pick three or four things to see MAX, group them in priority order with an eye toward balancing geographic proximity and not having too much of the same, give a heavy sprinkle of flexibility -- maybe a shovel full -- and you're ready to go.

I head out on SP 59 going toward the coast and Vallecrosia. I know that, while facing the Med, my destinations are to my left. I reach Vallecrosia and turn left, following the signs and my instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment