Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Point A to Point B

Again, my lucky charm is working wonders for me. I'm seated next to a little lady from Myanmar ("You know, Burma," she says) who was in the US for a Methodist conference in Houston. She's taken the opportunity to visit all her friends -- Minnesota, Mount Rushmore, ecc.. and will spend three weeks with her son in Brooklyn. We had a nice conversation -- often about how cold it is in the airplane!

Baggage was easy in JFK... and then I took that wonderful airtrain to a different terminal for Alitalia. OMG.... The line for "already checked in via web" was short... MA! MA! they wouldn't check my flight for another 30 minutes.... So, I sat on the floor and ate M&Ms in the interim.

And again... My lucky charm is working overtime!! TSA was easy peasy.... the wait was pretty long but I had great fun people watching... Many many Hasidics heading for Moscow. Many Italian with dozens of children waiting for my flight (noooooo!).....

It's colder than a well-digger's ass and I have to put my hood on in the airport.

I spent my hours thinking of the fantastic conversation (in Italian) I would have in the plane to Milano. Then I stood in the boarding line with a NY poet who shared my political views (while we watched the CNN trainwreck) and an Italian couple with their sweet little dachshund Remo in a carry-on bag with his head poking through. He was so tired, but trying to stay awake... Didn't want to miss anything.....

And we boarded the plane for Milano.

No comments:

Post a Comment