Thursday, September 8, 2016

Off To The Beach


I headed off to the beach. My hotel doesn't have a "private beach" but right next to Il Gigante there is a free public beach, and a "pay beach" where you can rent chairs and umbrellas for the day. I go for the pay beach, where I can also have lunch at the ristorante and use the bagno.

I settle in to read Shogun (sigh, thinking about Richard Chamberlain)... but can't get comfy because I can't understand how to engineer the elaborate "sun bed". There is a shield to cover your face if desired, which I don't need because I have the handy umbrella. How oh how to get rid of that thing??!!  Also the back clearly goes up and down but has these complex gears on each side and without a third arm I cannot work both gears and position the back. Sigh. It's very sad admitting that I finally gave up, because the physics of the thing is just too elaborate for my little brain.

I settled back in a not so comfortable position, alternately reading about Anjin and gazing at Il Gigante.

No comments:

Post a Comment