Thursday, September 8, 2016

'Cause Who Isn't a Yankees Fan?


My bed is big and comfortable, and I slept with the windows open and the wind blowing through the palms outside. It was a good First Night sleep.

I set an alarm to wake up, and promptly fell back asleep. The only thing keeping me awake was the sound of the guy next door shaving... Scrape, scrape, scrape. Scrape, scrape, scrape. Scrape, scrape, scrape. God, he's a hairy bastard! (Turns out it was someone out front raking up the pine straw... )

I headed down to breakfast, which was really terrific.  Cereal, yougurt, meats, eggs for boiling, cheeses, many many pastries, tea, coffee, juices. All palates could be satisfied from this buffet. OK, fine, so no scrambled and bacon... but, when in Rome... or ... when in Monterosso....

After brekkie I sat outside in the hotel courtyard, and caught up on my email and started my blog posts. While there I saw this little Italian girl, with a New York Yankees baseball cap.


No comments:

Post a Comment