Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Arrivo Monterosso

Getting off the train at Monterosso was a little sketchy, because you can only get off in a few of the cars due to the shortness of the platform.... or perhaps I was just a sheep following a lost person... not really sure at this point...  at any rate... I exited onto a platform in a long tunnel. And followed the crowds toward the Uscita.

Two flights of stone stairs later (with a giant bag on wheels and 50 lb backpack for which I had no counterbalance!) I emerged onto a sweet waterfront lane which I recall fondly from my last visit here.  I took a minute to acclimate (meaning, I rooted around in my bag for my Big Book of Trip Info, and found the Google map to the hotel), turned right, rolled off down the lane.

I walked past my right turn and ended up at the il Gigante.

I made a U-ee, and headed toward Hotel Palme.

Booking.com had done their job, Hotel Palme was waiting for me... I popped upstairs... changed my shirt and shoes... brushed my hair and teeth, and headed out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment