Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Aeorporto numeri uno


Per TSA warnings of long lines this summer, I arrived at the airport even earlier than usual.... what a waste of my time... I guess most people DRIVE on Labor Day, so the airport was really not busy at all... lines were short.

Unfortunately I learned upon checking in at CLT that since I booked my two legs on separate airlines I would be unable 'check through' to Milano. (Since when???) Meaning, at JFK I will have to go through to Baggage Claim, get my bags, checkin at Alitalia... and go through NYC TSA... Mannaggia!!

I get through CLT TSA easy peasy and hit the ATM, only to learn that my carta has been switched to Euro already... I can't get any cash... and don't have any USD on me... only Euros..... and I'm soooooo freakin hungry. After hours of sitting and thinking about my empty stomach I remember I can probably exchange... so I found the little exchange cart and got enough dollars for yogurt and M&Ms.  Pranzo of Champions.

The airport is freezing... more than usual... So I put on my hoodie at noon-ish. And at 1 we fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment