Sunday, August 30, 2015

Imparare a parlare


I started by downloading Duolingo -- If you don't know about Duolingo listen to the fabulous Ted Talk about it here. It's great! The price is right and success ratings are comparable with Rosetta.

It's built like a game, which makes it fun. I can actually hear the pronunciation (which is a problem I've experienced in the past with electronic / digital language learning), and -- and this is a biggie -- Duolingo can listen to my responses and grade my enunciation (pronunciation? Enunciation? Enunciation!)

Next, I signed up for a basic 'Traveler's Italian' class at a local travel agency. Ten lessons taught by an American who lived in Italy for eight years.

Also, I started watching Italian movies on Netflix and listening to Italian radio on TuneIn. Radio Skylab -- "tutta la musica che ch'e".

No comments:

Post a Comment