Sunday, August 9, 2015

Full Stop for The Ages


Since this is my first rental car experience in Europe, I give myself permission in advance to make a few mistakes. I can always refine and improve on future trips.

The second-guessing averted and after being overwhelmed by the volume of rental car ads screaming at me from Google, I gravitate toward those with comfort-food Ameri-recognizable names... and end up at Hertz.(Cue Roberto Benigni che attraversa l'aeroporto.)

Every small model car available has standard transmission, and with a slight frown I sigh and accept my fate of reliving 25 years of stick shift driving, and the closely related sciatica, during those three motoring days in Western Liguria.

Fiat-Nation has taken the US by storm and I'll admit I am a bit Fiat-curious. So after a few days of reviewing and debating I book a Fiat Punto Evo.

(Full disclosure: I currently drive a smartcar and am very happy with my ownership of it.)

[After booking I did a little more poking around... The Punto Evo -- translation Full Stop for The Ages -- has 4 doors. Perhaps I can mini-size me at the counter. But if I can't, no second-guessing grief allowed!]

No comments:

Post a Comment