Sunday, August 9, 2015

IDP, idk


If I'm going to drive in the hills between Genoa and the French border catching sight of East facing sea views, I'm gonna need a car. This is a facet of international travel I haven't tackled yet, and requires some research, so naturally I turn to my old friend Google.

First, I will need an International Driver's Permit, which is basically an official document attesting to the fact that you have an active driver's license back home. This meta-document can be obtained from AAA for about $15. If asked "Papers, please!", you will present said US driver's license and said international driver's permit to the official who's asking -- in all their redundant glory.

IDP in hand after a 10 minute visit to my local AAA office, I start researching cars -- Italian cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment