Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Short Line


I'm a big Googler -- you've prolly guessed that by now -- and I love to follow links in online articles I'm reading. I've learned some really obscure interesting facts by chasing these blue lines......

One day recently I chased an article down the rabbit hole and found myself learning exactly how those folks at the airport get the cred to use the Short Line at TSA (something that I've lusted for on many an occasion).

In typical American Capitalistic fashion -- they pay for it!!!!

Yes, pay a fee, approx $90, for a five-year US Airport Only Membership to the Short Line. Pay another $25 or so and get Short Line benes in airports worldwide. The fee covers the cost of your Super Invasive Patriot Act background check. (And really, if you've got nothin' to hide, why not give up a little privacy to skip to the front of the line!!)

It really is an almost painless experience. I filled out the application online and scheduled an appointment just a few blocks from my office at a strip mall office jointly shared by a drug testing establishment, what seemed to be a local Saul-Goodman-esque operation, and the TSA Pre Check office.

We took a photo, reviewed my passport, and I paid my fee (no cash, no check). In and out in 15 minutes. I got an email with my 'case number' which I could track online. And within a matter of weeks I got a hardcopy letter with my Known Traveler Number.

Short Line, here I come!!!

Click here to get started on your own Short Line cred!

No comments:

Post a Comment