Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Countdown!

The hoops I jumped through determining where I would go on my adventure this year are only interesting to me, and only because it gave me insight into musings of a caterpillar dreaming of butterflydom.

At any rate I eventually decided that I would:

  1. Fly to Florence 
  2. Train to Genoa 
  3. Drive in the hills to the French border (East facing sea view) 
  4. Back to Florence for some days in the city and some more days in a suburb (which actually predates Florence as an Etruscan city). 


I've never been North or West of Monterosso and I'm excited to explore the Italian Riviera. There are indeed sweet little towns in the hills above the coast, with eastward views down to the Med.

I've started a countdown on the whiteboard in my office, where friends pop by to check the days and visibly feign jealousy.

I'm sooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment