Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Me Me Me!


I have three nights before I meet my team in Firenze and two nights after I leave my team in Piombino to plan for Me Me Me! And there are so many options that I'm as overwhelmed as a shoe freak at Nordstrom Rack -- oh wait, I am a shoe freak at Nordstrom Rack. But I digress.

I fly into Milano, so touring there is an option. While it is billed as historically insignificant to other Italian cities, and apparently suffered a good deal of damage during WWII, there is a lot of art there including da Vinci's The Last Supper (thank you Dan Brown, I'll never look at this painting with the same wide-eyed Baptist wonder as I did afore ye). Also, I'm working with a lot of people from Milano on Hello Talk and it might be nice to actually meet some of them face to face. (Or not, as this might actually turn out to be a whole 'worlds collide'  can that is better left unwhooped. Food for thought.)

I could hop a train to a different city between Milano and Firenze -- Parma (ham), Modena (Balsamic vinegar), Bologna (ummm, bologna), Genoa (Christopher Columbus, see 2015).

Or... I could go... to the beach......... Dig, if you will, the picture (in the words of the late great Prince), a good book (in English), soaking in salty water,  under the Mediterranean sun, while sipping a cool adult beverage (or ten).

I made my Me Me Me beginning and ending accommodation bookings, and I think you know me well enough to know what I chose.........

No comments:

Post a Comment